Want to see my etching?

Instead of more Friday Folksy Finds here are pics of a few of my wonderful birthday pressies.

First of all this is a really awful photo of the most beautiful etching that my husband gave to me. It is by Piers Browne and it is the first in an edition of two prints titled 'Wensleydale From Scarth Nick'. Following this edition a larger re-worked edition was created. I have loved Browne's work for many years and often visited Godfrey & Watt in Harrogate to see his beautiful creations.

I love the jewel like quality of the colours and the scale, this etching measures just 2 x4 inches. I really never thought I would own one so this was a wonderful surprise! It must be at least 15 years since I first saw his work. Some of my work is on sale in the gallery too. Though I daydreamed about it I didn't think that would happen 15 years ago!

Tickets to the Great Yorkshire Show have become a birthday tradition. When the children are old enough I hope to have a stand in the craft marqee:)
A very lovely friend made this little chap for me. I love him very much!


And this very sophisticated bloom was chosen by my little girl who thought "you have to have something pink on your birthday" how right she is! I'm so lucky!

Its been a lovely day:) More Folksy finds next week and a wee blog competition too x

No comments: