Honey Oat Cakes...

...may well be my favourite coffee break treat. I made a few this morning the children have snaffled a few already and I've heard Himself creeping across the kitchen tiles a couple of times too.

Here's the recipe if you fancy giving them a try
110g (4oz) butter
50g (2oz) soft light brown sugar
1 beaten egg
6 tbsp runny clear honey
110g (4oz) self raising flour
225g (8oz) rolled oats
pre-heat the oven to 160c
Cream together the butter, sugar and honey, the recipe says until light and fluffy but don't knock yourself out.
Beat in the egg with a little of the flour.
Stir in the remaining flour and the oats.
roll the mixture into balls and space them out on baking paper on 2 baking sheets.
Using your fingers lightly press down the balls.
Bake for about 20 mins or until golden.

With two such healthy ingredients it would be wrong not to try these!
On a completely different note we visited Towneley Hall the other day. It has a wonderful stately home that the children insist on calling a castle. They were running around the gardens at the back of the 'castle' when my daughter looked up at the window and said - right in front of a huge tour party -
"Ahh Mummy look, I can see the Princess' bum!" Much sniggering all round:)

2 comments:

Tina Peacock said...

They look delicious! I've featured your Art-ccordion Picture Book today on my blog with a few other Parisian Folksy finds! x

Flossiekat said...

I must try these! What is the oven temperature in farenheit? My sister would love these. Thanks for sharing.