Christmas Treats

After a very busy run up to Christmas, at times blighted by illness and the weather we are enjoying a few days relaxing at home together. I'm not complaining about the weather, really I'm not, it has been beautiful and the low temperatures have prevented the snow turning to slush so the village has looked extra Christmassy and magical. The only down side has been the effect of the snow on getting orders out to customers. This year I've been at least three times busier than last year. Coping with the increase in sales and wholesale work has meant that I've had to change my workroom around, and generally get myself more organised. By Christmas Eve I'm happy to report that as far as I know all of my customer orders made it to their destinations. The only problem I have had is a missing re-order for the Sheffield Millenium Galleries Christmas Crackers Exhibition and of course it was a sizable order. Hopefully it will turn up in the next few days.
But back to the good stuff! I had a lovely surprise last week. See the gorgeous earrings in the pic below? They arrived in the post - a lovely gift from the very talented Jo from Glassprimitif

One of the companies I order supplies from sells glass and they often include samples in my orders. I pass these on to Jo when I see her and she turned one of these samples into these beautiful earrings. I love the way they reflect the light - just lovely! You can find out more about Jo and the many things she does to promote handmade by clicking here

Its been lovely writing this this morning curled up with a coffee while the children play with their new toys its probably best to glaze over the fact that they got up at 5.30 on Boxing Day...

I intended to take a photo of this before it was snaffled but I just wasn't quick enough. The camera didn't pick up the sprinkle of edible glitter dusting the top of the cake. I'm developing a bit of an obsession with this stuff, I've baked three cakes and they have all benefitted from a sprinkle I've managed to hold back from tarting up the sprouts on Christmas Day:)

Wishing you a very Happy New Year! xxx

1 comment:

Sugarplum Kawaii said...

That cake looks smashing! Merry Christmas (-;