Complete Relaxation...

We have just returned from a few days away. We were in Sandsend just outside Whitby. This really is one of my very favourite places to stay. The views from the cottage are fantastic and change throughout the day. The weather forecast wasn't so good before we set off but we struck lucky. These are the views from the cottage...


I'm already looking forward to escaping there again. We do have a somewhat patchy interenet connection so I was able to continue to fill orders - but very little else.
We spent hours on the beaches collecting shells, finding crabs and chasing around, the children even managed the 3 mile walk to Whitby along the sand!
One of the most magical moments though ( apart from the views) was on a visit to the Sealife Centre, watching our daughter play with the seals. As she placed her hand on the glass a seal swam up to her and for a long time mirrored the movement of her hand, turning in circles and keeping time with her. Wonderful!
I have been busy sketching and collecting bits and pieces so now I'm ready to get back to work and I'm really looking forward to it!


No comments: