Change is in the air...

There is a danger that this blog is going to be chok full of pictures of snow, as is the rest of blog land. So I'll restrain myself and not add another pic of the beautiful view from the window. It really is lovely though. I love the way snow completely changes the most familiar landscape creating a magical otherworldliness.

This is the third dose of snow we have had this Winter. A few years ago when I was teaching we would talk to the children about Winter and draw snowmen and make snow pictures and often the children would never have experienced snow at all. It's really exciting to share this time with my own children.

So to new work. I have been making my little paintings for a short while now. They have sold well at craft fairs but I wanted to change them a little.

Instead of painting on heavy board I have used wood. This has been cut and sanded as I mentioned in a previous post. Here's the result



Each painting measures approx 2.5 x 3.5 inches. They are painted with acrylics and may have crystal or vintage inclusions. They are given a glossy, glass like resin finish which gives a lovely depth to each image. Each painting is signed on the back.

Please let me know what you think!

No comments: